FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 2/1/18
Contact: J Mark Barfield
Title: Chairman, Libertarian Party of Volusia County Executive Committee
Phone: (386) 956-1166
DAYTONA BEACH – Libertarians from throughout Volusia County gathered here last Saturday to elect new Executive Committee officers.
“I’m looking forward to an exciting year growing our chapter and spreading the message of personal freedom and liberty,” said J. Mark Barfield, chairman-elect of the Libertarian Party of Volusia County. “I know we all are focused on a terrific year ahead.”
Barfield committed to building the affiliate four ways: by focusing on increased fundraising, LP voter registration, community involvement and party participation.
The Libertarian Party of Volusia County is an official affiliate of the Libertarian Party of Florida. Officers were elected from among Precinct Delegates in attendance.
Officers for 2018 are:
• J. Mark Barfield – Chairman
• Lea Bartos – Vice Chairman (Re-elected)
• Emily Vesta – Secretary (Re-elected)
• Fredrik V. Coulter – Treasurer
Two LPVC delegates, Joe Hannoush and Kyle Baker are running for Florida House of Representatives. Hannoush is running for District 25, which includes Ormond Beach and northern coastal areas. Baker is running in District 26, which includes central regions of Volusia County.
“Volusia has the talent and drive needed for a political party to be successful,” said Marcos Miralles, Chairman of the Libertarian Party of Florida. “Region 7 is a force to be reckoned with in these upcoming elections.”
Miralles was among the guest speakers this weekend. Other guests include Randy Wiseman, Libertarian candidate for Florida Governor; Altamonte Springs Commissioner Jim Turney; Omar Recuero, LPF Vice Chair, and Marc Golob, LPF Fundraising Committee chairman.
Miralles announced the LPVC will host the 2019 LPF State Convention. “It’s a real opportunity for Volusia County to shine,” Miralles told the delegates.
The new LPVC Executive Committee brings diverse talent to the table. Barfield is owner of Bar None Creative Solutions LLC. Bartos is patient care coordinator for Connect Hearing. Vesta is a marketing consultant. Coulter is a Budget Officer for local government.
The Libertarian Party is the “The Party of Principle” because we stand firmly on our principles:
• We seek to substantially reduce the size and intrusiveness of government and cut and eliminate taxes at every opportunity.
• We believe that peaceful, honest people should be able to offer their goods and services to willing consumers without inappropriate interference from government.
• We believe that peaceful, honest people should decide for themselves how to live their lives, without fear of criminal or civil penalties.
• We believe that government’s only responsibility, if any, should be protecting people from force and fraud.